Hobbitses



I found out this morning that a certain four-year-old has been having two breakfasts every day and hadn't mentioned it. I didn't notice on the Pre-K schedule that, as opposed to the other kids in school, they have breakfast in their room every morning at 8:15. I'd been feeding her (and the other kids) breakfast at home each morning before school.

So either we don't feed her enough, she eats too much, or she's a Hobbit. Clever, nonetheless, not telling anyone about Second Breakfast.

6 comments:

heidi daisybones said...

Too cute. Secondsies was my favorite meal when I was pregnant:)

Jennifer said...

LOL for real! What is UP with the double-breakfast-dipping?? I nearly laughed until I cried when BW told us (or actually Erin told us about BW's kid) doing this at last Book Club.

Tina said...

Ha! I forgot about BW's kid doing that, too.

Unknown said...

My girls did this, too. It is especially tempting for them to eat twice when a Pop Tart is involved. Just wait until you are feeding them breakfast at home and then they eat breakfast again upon arrival at school, and you subsequently receive a bill for it! lol

Tina said...

Wow. So maybe all kids, given the opportunity, would eat two breakfasts. Funny thing is, I can hardly get them to eat dinner. Maybe it's because breakfast is quite often carbs (and usually sweeter than dinner).

Melissa said...

I had two breakfasts this morning and breakfast dessert. I had breakfast at home (my daily fiber one bar...mmmmm...)and then a co-worker brought in bagels so I had second breakfast. THEN another co-worker brought in donuts so I had breakfast dessert.

I love breakfast. EK is on to something. Maybe pee-school isn't so bad!